This webpage is a tool for disseminating my thesis research in a format that is more user-friendly than a huge PDF file. The materials were submitted to the University Graduate School of UT Austin on December 8, 2017 in fullfillment of the requirments for a Ph.D. degree.
If you are viewing this webpage on a laptop or tablet, you may be able to see the table of contents on the left as well as subheadings for each page on the right. If you are viewing this webpage on your phone, you can navigate between chapters by clicking the 3 horizontal bars in the top left to view the table of contents. Happy viewing.
- Home: You are here
- Preface: Aka the acknowledgment section
- Introduction: Background and approach
- Chapter 1: Brains and behavior: Avoidance learning induces strong up-regulation of transcription in the DG subfield of the dorsal hippocampus
- Chapter 2: Genetic manipulation: Reproducible approaches for studying behavior and transcription in a mouse model for autism
- Chapter 3: Neural dissociation: Analysis of hippocampal transcriptomic responses to technical and biological perturbations
- Conclusion: What did I learn?
- My CV at the time of graduation
- Slides from my dissertation defense on October 18, 2017
Here is the flyer I made to announce my thesis defense.